Search This Blog

Friday 24 March 2017

They Are Here! FIVE!

We have FIVE healthy, happy puppies! Mom and kids are doing great. Nova being a first time Mom is doing extraordinarily well. That whole suckling thing took a few minutes to get used to though. Loved that first pup to death BUT WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?! But after a few minutes all was well. I'm trying to interfere as little as possible but either I or Mark are within touching distance at all times. And will continue to be for the first 48 hours at least. All pups are making contented sounds except if Mom starts washing them or a brother or sister knocks them off a nipple. All the contented sounds are music to my ears because that means she has enough milk. If she didn't, they would be crying instead of cooing.

I will do my best to put up pictures today. But things are running slower than usual because of my strep throat. Not to mention the usual exhaustion following a whelping. I'm trying not to fall asleep on my keyboard!

For those of you who are waiting to hear back from me regarding questionnaires, I apologize. I really was hit hard with this strep thing. And I spent 5 days on antibiotics that weren't working. It's not that they were misdiagnosed. It was that I have an extra virulent kind that needs the extra heavy duty antibiotics. Its for this reason you don't want to take antibiotics unless you really need them and when you do, take all of them. Don't stop when you feel better. Take them until they are all gone! If I had done either of those things, the ones I'm taking now would not work as well and then I'd be in real trouble. I just read in the news yesterday a 28 year old mother lost both arms and a leg due to strep. She came very close to losing everything. So long story short, I apologize for not returning phone calls and questionnaires results but I will try and get to some of them today. I will go by date so don't worry about someone jumping the line. And no, I haven't picked 5 people for sure. The only ones for sure are the ones I've accepted money from.

And thank you to everyone who was so kind to leave me get well wishes.  I rarely go on my webpage (it was created and administrated by a friend).  I just don't have time.  But she always lets me know about important things and she sent over all the messages from Facebook.  And thank you as well to all who have sent them directly via email.  I am just getting now that I've had the energy to turn on the computer.  So thank you one and all!  Past puppy owners, fans, current puppy owners and even potential puppy owners!  You Guys are all great!  One big Guardian Angel Family!

Take care all. I hope Mark wakes up soon cuz this keyboard is looking pretty comfy.

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment