Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Man Am I Sick


Strep throat. Can't swallow. High fever. Uncontrollable shivering for an hour at a time. Night sweats. I've lost 8 pounds in 5 days. I expect it's the sweating that's causing the weight loss. I get exhausted getting dressed or taking a shower. So I haven't been answering calls or emails. I'm trying to save the few ounces of energy I have to whelp Nova. Whelping is a marathon event when I'm not sick. Good thing Mark is here. She looks like she could whelp anytime now. I've even sent Maya to live with my daughter's family because I just don't have any energy. Been on antibiotics for 48 hrs now but I still feel like I'm getting worse instead of better. I managed living in Florida for 10 days with 11 sick people and didn't get sick. I was the only healthy one. I was feeling quite proud of myself for that. You know, healthy eating, exercise, sufficient sleep. But I take it all back. This one has doubled down on me. Here's a picture of me and my hot water bottle.


Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment