Search This Blog

Monday 17 August 2015

Guardian Angel Shepherd Stops Charging Bear - Saves 8 year old boy!!

I talked to  a very proud owner of a 2 year old Guardian Angel Shepherd today!!  The dog's name is Gemma and she saved an 8 year old boy from a full charging 350-400 pound bear!  During a wedding no less!  She was not in between the boy and the bear but actually behind the boy.  She had to deliberately run to put herself between the two.   I've asked Dan if he wouldn't mind writing a full account so I could put it up on my website.  I'll let him tell you the story so keep watch for more details.
 
And you know what is even more amazing?  The child was not her own family.  This child was a stranger! 
 
I AM SO PROUD!!!
 
 
 
 
Mary Ann
Proud to Provide K9 Partners for Life
k9trainer@dogwhisperer.ca
www.myguardianangelshepherds.com



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read the full account of what happened! That's amazing!!

    ((Side note: are you still having phone issues? We haven't tried to call in a while, might try on Friday, but would like to submit my application and put down a deposit ASAP, just need to talk to you first. :) ))

    -Julie F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! Kokoda chased a 2-3 year old black bear out of our campsite when she was 6 months old. Jeff looked up and the bear was coming straight towards him less than 50 feet away. Before he could even react, Kokoda saw it and charged - the bear took off and she chased it for half a mile. Scariest minute of my life, but she came trotting back to the trailer looking as proud of herself as I have ever seen her. We followed the tracks later and the bear was still running a mile later :) Your puppies are scared of nothing!!

    -- Olivia (Kokoda and Onyx say hi!)

    ReplyDelete