Search This Blog

Saturday 27 July 2013

Good News & New Food

The good news is Cruz is definitely pregnant!  There is always a tense 4-6 weeks hoping and waiting and wondering if things have gone right.  You'd be surprised at how particular things are when you don't leave things to chance.  For example, the last time I bred Cruz, I got it wrong!  There were no puppies blessing our home the last time she and Merlin met.  It is always a very disappointing time when you come to the realization that things hadn't gone the way you had planned.  And with Cruz, because it was her very first breeding, I was scared that she may be sterile.  Ebony turned out to be sterile, and me, being me, couldn't find her a new home.  She had to stay here because she's one of the family.  But thankfully, Cruz caught this time and everything seems to be going well so far.  The due date is approximately August 21.  These puppies are going to be absolutely GORGEOUS!  Mixing the black with the sable coloring will give you very "wolfish" looking dogs.  People walking down the street will ask where they got such a STUNNING dog!








So I'm going to try a new puppy food.  Royal Canin is changing their recipe to chicken by-product instead of chicken meal.  Think beaks, legs, claws, feathers.  I'm extremely disappointed as I've been a loyal customer for about 10 years now.  However, things change and so must I.  I tried Horizon Legacy with the last litter and although they did okay on it, I wasn't overly impressed.  After 6 months of research, I've decided to try GO! Fit & Free Puppy food.  I was extremely impressed with the first 6 ingredients.  All meats!  So, for those of you who still have puppies who want to  change over to GO!, please let me know your thoughts and how your dog is doing.  I haven't researched their adult formulas yet.  After all, it took six months to find puppy food!!  For more information there is a link below.  Happy Dogging!


http://www.petcurean.com/for-dogs/go/fit-and-free-grain-free-puppy




1 comment:

  1. How very exciting and they will be stunning!! Your photo looks just like our "Buddy"(his mother was sable,and dad was black) and we are always getting compliments on him,,,(I thought it was just me thinking he looked wolfish)

    ReplyDelete