Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Thankfully, with death comes life.

After Diesel's death a few weeks ago, things have been pretty down around here.  The dogs pack howl more often, looking for their canine pack leader  I go through fits of being sad, or being mad.  It strikes me most at bedtime.  That's when I give the dogs their vitamens, put them outside individually to do their business, and put all the dogs in their seperate beds.  Diesel's bed was at the end of my bed.  Now there's an expanse of floor I hadn't noticed before.  I can't bear to have somebody else there yet.  It's too soon.

But, with death comes life.  I'm very happy to tell you that Indy is going to have a litter of pups!  The father is Merlin and we're all very excited.  The breeding didn't go as expected (there was no tie) so it's hard to give an exact date when the pups are due.  Should be somewhere around December 15th.  It will be a busy Christmas!  I have a couple of spots available on the waiting list, so if the timing is right for you, now's the time to get your deposit in!

So when I get sad about my missing friend, I bury my head in Indy's belly.  And it doesn't take long before I can feel wiggling beneath my face.  And I start to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment