Search This Blog

Monday 20 February 2012

The pups were introduced to the rest of the house today.  They had a tremendous time chasing each other up and down the hall, into the bathroom (where most of them had a close encounter with a wall), and then skittering and sliding into the kitchen.  The played for almost an hour. 

We're starting to see some dominance play already.  Ms Yellow seems to like to squabble frequently.  She usually comes out on the top end of things... until today.  She made the mistake of tackling Mr. Red while he was having a drink of water.  That didn't go over well at all!  Mr. Red had her on her back in about a half second flat!  Boy, was Ms. Yellow surprised!  Hopefully she will remember her lesson and not be quite as quick to flatten others.  We'll see I guess.

We had a few visitors over the weekend.  The pups took everything in stride.  Indy was blocking (putting herself between the visitors and the pups) once in awhile but it wasn't long before she felt all was well.  

Indy has almost totally stopped nursing the pups now.  They all have those really sharp puppy teeth now.  I certainly can't blame her.  So that's were I come in to save the day.  Royal Canin Large Breed Puppy Starter.  4 times per day.  Between Indy and the pups, we're going through 24 cups of food per day.  It doesn't take long to go through a 30 pound bag. 

I've tried to put up a few videos here but I'm just not having any luck.  I'm just going to put them up on You Tube and let you know when I do.  You can either search for Guardian Angel Shepherds or  go to my channel "k9trainergsd".  I'll try and get some up today.  It's not a promise as I have two sets of people coming to see the pups today.  But I will try.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment