Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Next Litter

Since Isis has fooled us and she will not be having any puppies this year, the next litter will come from Indy.  Indy is our Alpha female here at Guardian Angel Shepherds.  She is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever owned.  Although she's Alpha female, she rules with patience.  I've seen time after time, any of the dogs steal her toy, her bed, and she allows it.  Only when there is something of extremely high value (like a raw bone) will she growl or threaten with a snarl.  And once that happens, everyone just backs away.  I truly cannot remember a time when she actually went after anybody.  For some reason, once she's displayed her intent, nobody challenges her.  Even the boys who outweigh her by 30+ pounds won't try and take that bone.  She is a perfect Alpha.

I've taken Indy to live with a male she does not know for a little while.  I'm hoping this will entice her to come into heat soon.  I have no way of knowing exactly when she will come in.  Dogs only come into heat once every six months.  And just like people, there is some fluctuation.  She was in heat last October, so theoretically she should be coming into heat again this month.  If everything goes according to plan.  Believe me, you'll be the first to know when it happens!

I'd like to thank the upcoming puppy owners for rolling over their deposits to the next litter.  That means a lot to me that you put that much trust in myself and my dogs.  I am honoured. 

Mary Ann

Indy

Merlin  (Indy's husband to be)

No comments:

Post a Comment