Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Proud Mothers

I just wanted to share a really nice story I heard from one of my puppy owners.  This family owns two of my dogs; one black & tan, the other all black.  I may not have all the details exactly right but I know I'll have the jist of the story correct!

The couple that own the dogs like to go camping fairly frequently.  They were camping with some friends/family who had children.  One of the older children decided to go to the river and take his younger sibling as well.  The youngster I believe was approximately 2 years old.  As what can sometimes happen with children, the older child was distracted by something and left the youngster by himself at the bank of the river. 

Kokoda (the B&T female) was playing fetch with a stick, not too far down the river.  When the dog realized the child had been left alone and close to the river, she dropped the stick and ran to the child.  She stood with the child until an adult came to take charge of the little one.  As soon as the adult was there, she ran back down the river, grabbed the stick, and continued to play! 

How's that for a smart dog!!  Both Olivia and I are the proud Mothers!!  Their picture is below.

Kokoda, Olivia, Onyx

2 comments:

  1. That's my girl! We start back at the Alzheimer unit this month too - so I'll see if I can get you any pictures of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great Olivia! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete